The National Center for Appropriate Technology (NCAT) presents a 2012 Farm Tour and Short Course series at five California
• Egg and/or meat bird production and handling
• Strategies for integrating birds with crop production
• Regulatory and food safety considerations
• Planning for feasibility and success—with problem solving by region
• Profitability: budgeting, cash flow, recordkeeping tools
• Marketing and pricing
Please sign up or contact if:
• You’d like to learn more.
• You have a successful pastured poultry operation and are interested in being a farm tour host or a guest teacher. (Stipend provided. We honor your time!)
• You are interested in integrating pastured poultry with crop production (or vice-versa) more successfully, and you want to meet and learn with other farmers in your region.