If you've been considering taking advantage of this offer, now is the time to schedule this valuable service for your farm. The Yolo County Resource Conservation District (RCD) Yolo-Colusa Mobile Water Lab has been offering free irrigation evaluations to farmers in Yolo County and surrounding regions for several years. They can only offer a few more evaluations in 2012, so seize the opportunity while it lasts!
- Water savings at the farm level help offset the effect of rising water costs and restricted water supplies on producer income.
- Improved water management reduces expenditures for energy, chemicals, and labor inputs, while enhancing revenues through higher crop yields and improved crop quality.
The Mobile Lab provides the following free services:
- Map of the irrigation system's pressure and flow measurements
- Field observation of clogging and emitter wear
- Water application rate determination
- Irrigation distribution uniformity analyses
- Irrigation scheduling and assistance
- Expert advice on system improvements and maintenance
Each participating grower will receive a confidential irrigation evaluation report. This free service is funded by the California Department of Water Resources Office of Water Use Efficiency and Transfers, and the Natural Resources Conservation Service. For more information on this program, or to schedule an evaluation, please contact the Mobile Lab Manager, Heather Nichols at (530) 661-1688 ext. 12 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about the Yolo RCD's other programs, please visit their websites at www.yolorcd.org