California FarmLink is a non-profit corporation seeking a full-time Finance and Operations Manager based in Santa Cruz, California.
FarmLink seeks a candidate with both finance/accounting and operations experience in the non-profit/small business arena, who is adaptable and willing to learn Loan Operations activities.
Finance and Operations Manager Duties and Responsibilities
1) Finance: CA FarmLink seeks a full charge financial manager with drive and enthusiasm to maintain and upgrade systems consistent with a growing non-profit loan portfolio and technical assistance provider. This includes a fund based accounting system meeting U.S Government standards for a single audit. Duties will include:
· Manage organizational and loan fund bank accounts, review monthly bank statements and strengthen risk and fraud management and transaction systems; assist with investment strategy for undeployed loan funds
· Work with FarmLink’s bookkeeper and CPA to oversee accounts payable, accounts receivable, and billings and fund transfers for government and foundation grants
· Use Quickbooks on a regular basis to review and produce financial reports; work with bookkeeper on regular fund allocations for incurred costs.
· Control cash flow, billing of funders and grant document binders consistent with comptroller level responsibilities.
· Assist Executive Director in preparing and monitoring annual budget.
· Prepare board financial reports and government agency reports including annual Lender Certification for the Department of Corporations.
· Manage annual audits and insurance policies.
2) Loan Operations: Work with Director of Lending to manage loan disbursements, accounting, reporting and servicing.
• Loan systems:
◦ Handle inquiries from existing borrowers; produce loan documents and manage loan files and software to ensure accurate information.
◦ Track and report delinquencies; document workouts, collection activities and costs within the loan accounting system. Document loan pay-offs. Create policy for archival loan records.
◦ Manage credit reporting on FarmLink borrowers.
◦ Improve loan operations efficiency and effectiveness. Choose, implement and develop loan accounting and monitoring system using specialized software that interfaces as fully as possible with QuickBooks GL systems and tracks secondary market sales of government issued loan guarantees.
• Risk management:
◦ Support Director of Lending in managing loan portfolio risk, including risk rating and loan loss reserves.
◦ Generate portfolio reports for management, board and external stakeholders including a loan receivable aging report.
• Investor relations
◦ Lead and manage relationships with existing loan pool investors.
◦ Assist Director of Lending and Executive Director in organizing and tracking requirements of new loan pool investor agreements.
◦ Manage investor reporting with support from Director of Lending and Executive Director.
3) Admin and Operations: The applicant should have experience with both client-server and cloud based technology solutions appropriate for a community development lender and technical assistance provider. CRM software, financial software, cloud based document handling and dissemination and GL software should be familiar and manageable.
· Technology and Office Management: Assist staff with computers, phone systems, email and database access and ensure FarmLink has adequate IT resources when things can't be handled in-house.
· Human Resources: Manage on-boarding, personnel policy and health insurance administration, payroll coordination and assist with hiring as necessary.
Qualifications: The position will require a generalist who is detail oriented, organized and good at multitasking.
· Experience in business finance/accounting and operations. Agricultural business experience is desirable;
· Interest in, and commitment to CA FarmLink’s mission and the future of California agriculture;
· Well-organized and detail-oriented; ability to complete self-directed projects and to work well in a team atmosphere;
· Non-profit business management and accounting experience;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to prepare professional letters and reports;
· High-level computer skills including Quickbooks, word processing, spreadsheet, database and cloud based data sharing.
Compensation and Terms: The Finance and Operations Manager position will be a salaried position with an annual salary range of $55,000 to $65,000 commensurate with experience. This is a full-time, exempt position and includes a four-month introductory or probation period. After six months, the employee will be eligible for health benefits. After one year, the employee will be eligible to participate in FarmLink’s retirement plan. FarmLink maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Position will begin as soon as hiring process is complete.
To apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and three references to Eric Winders, email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Applications are due 5 p.m., November 21, 2012.