Learn How to Sell Fruits and Vegetables to the USDA
On Eastern Time, the U.S. Department of Agriculture will present a free interactive webinar, “How to Sell Fruits and Vegetables to the USDA.”
Each year, USDA’s Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS) buys over $530 million and 1.1 billion pounds of frozen, processed, and fresh fruits and vegetables. This healthy, American grown and processed product helps feed millions of school children and is also distributed to food banks, disaster areas, and elsewhere it is needed.
Visit the Commodity Procurement website, www.ams.usda.gov/
commoditypurchasing to see what products AMS buys. Then tune in to this webinar to learn everything you need to get started selling your products to USDA.
Sara Hernandez of the AMS’s Commodity Procurement Staff will:
· introduce you to the USDA Commodity Procurement program,
· discuss the types of products USDA buys,
· outline the requirements for selling to USDA, as well as the solicitation and awards processes,
· provide information about contracting opportunities for small, socially disadvantaged, women- and veteran-owned businesses, and
· give you all of the tools and resources you need to do business with USDA.
Following Sara’s formal presentation, the webinar will conclude with an interactive question and answer session.
This informative webinar is designed for fruit and vegetable growers, processors and distributors of all sizes. The webinar is free and available to anyone with Internet access. However, registration is required and space is limited. Visit (http://bit.ly/145Arm2) to register today!
We will host webinars on more AMS programs and services throughout the year. To view previous webinars online, visit our Webinar Archive.
We’ll see you online! Register Today!