Are you interested in selling your boxed and labeled product to buyers who want to know your story? Join us on a bus tour of markets in San Francisco Bay Area to make valuable contacts with these buyers and decide for yourself if the wholesale market is right for your farm.
Tour: Tuesday, October 29 from 5:30am to 6:30pm
Where: Bus departs from Sacramento visits at San Francisco Bay Area markets. Growers may board the bus in either Sacramento or Vacaville
Corner of Riverside and Broadway
(Next to the Target Store
2505 Riverside Blvd) Sacramento
Nut Tree Plaza
(Next to Panera Bread
1637 East Monte Vista Ave.) Vacaville
Registration: $20 per person to register; fully refundable upon boarding the bus.
Space is limited. Register by calling (916) 875-6913
Why join the bus tour: If you grow fruits or vegetables on a small farm and are looking for a new market channel or just want to learn about a variety of wholesale markets in the SF bay area, this one-day bus tour is for you. Perhaps you sell at the farmers market, have a CSA, or sell everything to a processor or packinghouse but you are now looking for another way to sell your produce. Where do you begin? A good way to start is simply meet the people who are interested in buying produce directly from smaller farms and sell to customers who care about family farms like yours. They will show you how their operation works, and describe what they need from you.
· 5:30am Exactly! - board the bus at the Target Store at Riverside and Broadway in Sacramento
· We head for San Francisco with one stop in Vacaville at the Nut Tree Plaza near Panera Bread to pick up more farmers
· On board we will learn about food safety for small farms by viewing a newly released 20 minute video and will also learn about credit and lending opportunities from a representative from Farm Credit banks.
· Our first stop will be at the San Francisco Wholesale Produce Market where we will hear from different buyers at the terminal market.
· We will then visit one or more distributors and /or fresh cut operations close to the market
· Lunch is on us
· In the afternoon on we visit an independent retailer and a food service buyer that markets local products. You will have time on the return trip to network with other grower attendees.
· 6:30pm estimated arrival back in Sacramento
After tour assistance: If you join the tour and then decide that you would like some assistance with developing a marketing strategy, we will arrange a one-to-one consultation with you.