Central Coast Regional Program Coordinator
Santa Cruz, California
California FarmLink is a statewide nonprofit whose mission is to link independent farmers and ranchers with the land and financing they need for a sustainable future.
FarmLink is looking for a Central Coast Regional Program Coordinator to oversee FarmLink programmatic activities along the Central Coast of California. This position is based in Santa Cruz.
- Provide farmers, ranchers and landowners with information on land leasing, land purchasing/sales and alternative land tenure options
- Help farmers negotiate strong leases
- Coach farmers on how to find land for lease or sale, and help them find financing for land purchases
- Assist in maintaining an online hub of land for lease or sale, connect landowners and farmers, and "broker" farmland leases
- Work with and develop a network of experienced farm service professionals, including attorneys, CPAs, family communications specialists, realtors, insurance providers, and business consultants.
- Provide farmers with information on farm financing options and credit education
- Organize and present Farm Finance Expos, workshops, and seminars
- Assist in grant reporting
- Outreach to agricultural landowners and organizations to increase FarmLink’s capacity to offer quality land opportunities
- Outreach to beginning and underserved farmers to increase awareness of FarmLink programs
- Experience in Central Coast agricultural, emphasis on small and mid scale farms
- Experience in farm financing and farm business management
- Familiarity with California agricultural organizations
- Experience working with farmland leasing, real estate transactions, and conservation easements
- Oral communication skills, including ability to present complex information to groups
- Computer skills include basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce or similar database, email, website, Internet and website updating
- Valid California driver’s license, ability to travel locally and regionally on a regular basis and spend overnights out of the area on occasion.
- Spanish fluency
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Ability to complete self-directed projects with minimal day-to-day supervision;
- Writing skills, including the ability to prepare professional letters, newsletter articles, and reports
- Experience in nonprofit project management
Salary range $37,000-$50,000 depending on experience. California FarmLink offers a generous benefit plan, including health insurance after 60 days, retirement, and vacation. California FarmLink maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Position open until filled. Please send resume, letter of interest, and three references to Eric Winders: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.