REAT OPPORTUNITY FOR A RECENT HIGH SCHOOL or COLLEGE GRAD and/or community member who likes working with kids and has gardening or farming experience. If you are looking for a valuable way to spend a year, get paid, get trained, get health benefits and make a difference in our schools and community, this is an excellent way to earn some money for school and help make connections to launch a career. Be part of the solution...JOIN FOODCORPS!
We are in the process of recruiting a FoodCorps service member for next year (September ‘14 – August ‘15) to work with UC Cooperative Extension and Calaveras Unified School District. This is one of 12 FoodCorps positions in the whole state of California, and is a unique opportunity for someone to get a wonderful experience, while making a difference. See the FoodCorps website for more info.https://foodcorps.org/ (Check out the news article on San Andreas Elementary featured on their home page!)
Applications are due https://foodcorps.!!!!
Summary of the Position - A one-year, full time commitment beginning
- Support Nutrition and Gardening programs at Valley Springs Elementary, Toyon Middle School, West Point Elementary, Rail Road Flat Elementary, San Andreas Elementary and Calaveras High School
- Learn from Calaveras UC Master Gardeners, UC Cooperative Extension Nutrition Educators, CUSD Garden Educators, LifeLab trainings and more!
- Teach Kids about healthy food and where it comes from.
- Build and Tend School Gardens
- Bring High Quality Food into school cafeterias.
- $17,500 living allowance
- $5,650 educational award for the year of service
- Health Benefits
See links and attachments for more details on this service member position and FoodCorps in general.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Autumn or Kevin Hesser email@example.com