California FarmLink is seeking an experienced Finance Director to manage the finance, accounting, IT, HR and office management functions. Founded in 1999, California FarmLink is at an exciting inflection point. FarmLink has historically been a technical assistance provider and more recently launched a direct farm microloan program, became a CDFI (community development financial institution), and with a small staff, closed 25-30 loans totaling $600-800K per year for the past 2 years.
This is an existing position that reports to the Executive Director and manages one staff (Staff Accountant). This position is responsible for the oversight of the financial management of the organization.
What You Will Do
• Leadership: Lead a small team to manage the financial and office infrastructure of California FarmLink, supporting Executive Director on fundraising and the financial aspects of grant reporting, and playing a role on the management team in building, motivating and retaining a strong team across the organization.
• Fiscal Management & Oversight: Manage all financial aspects of the organization, including fund accounting, financial reporting, budgeting and cash management. Oversee investment strategy and implementation. Manage the external annual audit and Finance Committee, as well as report to the Board on the financial health of the organization.
• Human Resources: Oversee the Human Resource functions of FarmLink that includes payroll, onboarding of new hires, assist the recruiting efforts and manage the benefits administration that includes health care, dental & vision plans and the retirement program.
• Office Infrastructure: Manage office infrastructure to centralize key elements for stability, efficiency and organization, such as IT and insurance. Internal collaboration is critical with the Access to Land Program, Loan Program and Fundraising.
Qualifications & Profile
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and background:
• 8 - 10+ years experience in finance and/or accounting in a not-for-profit, community bank or other financial institution.
• 5+ years experience as a leader in a Finance Manager or Director, Program Director or equivalent role that includes supervision experience and building great teams. Experience working with boards of directors is a plus.
• Demonstrated self-starter that can work independently, take initiative, and make hard decisions.
• Great communicator and team player.
• Fluency with Microsoft Office, Quickbooks and Google Docs. Familiarity with loan management software is a plus.
Location, Travel, Compensation & Terms
This is a position based out of FarmLink’s headquarters in Santa Cruz, CA.
Salary range: $50,000-$75,000 depending on experience.
California FarmLink offers a generous benefit plan, including health insurance after 60 days, retirement, and vacation. California FarmLink maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
How To Apply
Please email a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and organization, resume, and three references to Kelly “at” cafarmlink.org. No phone calls please.
Who We Are
California FarmLink is a statewide nonprofit whose mission is to link independent farmers and ranchers with the land and financing they need for a sustainable future. For more info: www.cafarmlink.org