Assistant Production Manager
Terra Firma Farm
Assistant Production Manager, Terra Firma Farm
Terra Firma Farm farms 220 acres of CCOF certified organic fruit, vegetables and nuts in Yolo and Solano Counties year-round. We are seeking a highly self-motivated candidate with 1-3 years of farming experience to help manage our production. This is an extremely hands-on position for a practical quick thinker with good time management skills.
Primary responsibilities will be:
- Performing and coordinating tillage, planting, cultivation, and pest control for vegetable and orchard crops.
- Assisting in maintenance and repair of tractors and equipment.
- Staging and transporting equipment and supplies between fields and ranches.
- Coordinating with 3 irrigation staff.
- Coordinating with 2-3 production staff.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager (one of the owners).
Qualified candidates will have:
- A minimum of one season’s experience working with vegetable or fruit crops.
- At least one season of tractor experience including tillage and cultivation.
- Basic understanding of agricultural mechanics.
- Basic Spanish language skills.
- A valid Driver’s license
- A California Pesticide Applicator license or ability to pass the test to get one.
In addition to warm and cool season vegetable crops, we also grow stone fruit, pears, citrus and grapes. Experience in any or all of these perennial crops is a big plus.
This is a salaried full time position with seasonally variable hours and schedule. Benefits are two weeks paid vacation plus medical insurance. Salary depends on experience.To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Please include two or more professional references, including at least one from an agricultural employer.
CSA Coordinator/Office Manager
Terra Firma Farm
Terra Firma Farm is a 220 acre organic farm in Winters, California with a 1200 member year-round CSA and a well-established base of retail and wholesale customers.
We are a small company with a small office staff. We are looking for a friendly, organized and efficient multi-tasker with good verbal and written (email) communication skills to interface with our customers and crew. Spanish language skills are a big plus for communicating with non-office staff.
We use a web-based application to manage our CSA subscribers (Farmigo) and Peachtree Accounting to manage our other sales. Qualified applicants will have to demonstrate ability to use these systems or experience with similar ones.
Schedule is M-F, 8-5. Salary DOE plus benefits and paid vacation.
To Apply: send a cover letter, detailed resume and a minimum of two professional references to <email@example.com>. Qualified candidates will receive a complete, detailed job description before an interview is scheduled.