Click here for more information.
This new position will play a key role in the expansion of CA FarmLink’s innovative Community Development
Financial Institution which is unique in the country in providing small and immigrant farmers with access to capital and technical assistance. The Loan Processor will manage the loan application intake process, ensuring that FarmLink receives a complete application package from farmer applicants, supporting timely and efficient underwriting by loan officers and underwriters. The position will support the planned growth of FarmLink’s Loan Program in 2016, and the integration of regional field staff into the loan intake process.
• Serve as initial point of contact for FarmLink’s Loan Program; effectively represent/sell loan products
• Act as liaison between borrower, regional field staff, loan officer/underwriter and loan services
• Provide customer with timely and periodic status updates of their loan application; return all inquiry calls within one business day
• Provide technical assistance to farmer applicants in completing applications as necessary
Loan Intake and Data Management
• Collect required documentation from applicants, verify accuracy and completeness, and follow up on missing items
• Compile documents for applicant loan files and enter information into underwriting system for loan officer assessment and processing
• Maintain pipeline report and ensure lenders are apprised of updates
• Order credit and title reports; verify application information
• Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records and documents for recurring internal reports
• Ensure that all applicant/borrower files are complete and in compliance with regulatory and internal policies
• Continually assess loan intake processes and systems to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness
• Ability to provide excellent customer service in person, on the phone and via email
• Ability to communicate the written and spoken word in both English and Spanish (Bilingual)
• Good organizational skills, well disciplined, and able to meet deadlines; self starter
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent interruptions
• Ability to handle stressful situations with calmness and courtesy, while meeting deadlines
• Knowledge and experience using MS Word, Excel; as well as basic accounting procedures
• 1-3 years of experience handling personal financial information, ideally in a banking or lending setting
• Minimum BS in business administration, finance, community development or other related field, or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Familiarity with agriculture, agricultural lending, and CDFI loan products a plus California FarmLink offers a generous benefit plan, including health insurance after 60 days, retirement, and vacation. California FarmLink maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
$35-50k commensurate with experience
How To Apply
Please email a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and organization with resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.