Click here for more information.
Terra Firma Farm
Terra Firma Farm farms 220 acres of CCOF certified organic fruit, vegetables and nuts in Yolo and Solano Counties year-round. We are seeking a highly self-motivated candidate with 1-3 years of farming experience to assist in our production. This is an extremely hands-on position for a practical quick thinker with good time management skills. It is a great opportunity for someone who needs to flesh out their production experience with a wide range of crops.
Primary responsibilities will be:
- Tractor work possibly including cultivation, spraying, mowing, plastic mulch work, and tillage.
- Assisting in maintenance and repair of tractors and equipment.
- Staging and transporting equipment and supplies between fields and ranches.
This position reports directly to the Production Manager (one of the owners).
Qualified candidates will have at least two of the following:
- A minimum of one season’s experience working with vegetable or fruit crops, especially peaches or grapes.
- At least one season of on-the-job tractor experience.
- Experience with automotive or agricultural mechanics.
- Basic Spanish language skills.
- A California Pesticide Applicator license or ability to pass the test to get one.
Hourly pay of $13-$16/hr. will be based on experience and skill level. A valid Driver’s license is required for this job.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include one or more professional references, preferably at least one from an agricultural employer.