Fresno Food Commons-Supply Coordinator
Food Commons Fresno is the first prototype of a national model, that is structured to retain
ownership, profits and governance of a vertically integrated food business within the local
community. Once the model is refined and successful, other businesses will be launched within
California. The business has been in existence since 2014 and operating since May 2015. The
company is committed to working with small farmers, ranchers and producers of dairy products
within the region. Food Commons Fresno has a goal of sourcing products within a 200 mile
radius, aligning purchases with the California seasonality and supporting farmers and ranchers
that use regenerative practices.
Experienced produce-food industry industry professional to manage purchasing for the
Ooooby, wholesale and commercial kitchen operations. The position will coordinate the
purchase and aggregation of produce and other products from farmers, ranchers, artisans and
other food suppliers. The position will supervise the Ooooby packing team and drivers, and
coordinate the Company’s logistics including routing and scheduling both inbound and
outbound. The position will be responsible for quality assurance on all products that ship from
The ideal candidate will have at least 3 year’s supervisory and produce industry experience.
The candidate will also have contacts with area farmers, ranchers, artisans and other food
suppliers that have the potential to become new vendors to the Company. This position reports
to the Senior Wholesale Purchasing and Sales Manager of the Company.
1. Build relationships with local and regional growers, artisans, and other food
suppliers and representing the organization in purchase negotiations.
2. Place supply orders and set Ooooby box contents each week to offer fresh,
diverse, and highest quality affordable produce.
3. Place supply orders for wholesale products and Ooooby box “add-ons”.
4. Verify produce received matches order in quantity and quality. Become well
versed in standard produce packs, sizing, and ratings.
Food Commons Fresno 202 Van Ness Ave. Fresno, CA 93721 (559) ORG-ANIC email@example.com
5. Lead quality control by personally and frequently verifying that customers are
receiving the best quality produce.
6. Publish box and produce availability to customers.
7. Manage logistics in-out of the facilities(s) including routing, scheduling
8. Supervise the produce packing team and drivers.
9. Performance evaluation and goal setting for the packing team and drivers.
10. Participate in programs, projects and collaborations to increase the value of
local food and farm products bought and sold within the region.
11. Position Requirements
a. Minimum 3 years produce-food industry purchasing or sales experience
b. Minimum 1 years supervisory experience
c. Experience with ecommerce platforms such as Local Orbit
d. Proven record of performance and meeting goals
e. High school diploma or G.E.D.; some post-secondary education preferred
f. Experience and familiarity with accounting and financial reporting software
g. Ability to speak and read Spanish is a plus
h. Valid driver’s license require
1. Salary range $35,000-$40,000 depending on experience and qualifications
2. Annually (5) days paid time off, plus holidays and sick days
3. This is a Full-Time position based on (40) hours per week. No overtime will
Email resume and cover letter addressing how you are the right candidate for the position to