Capay Valley Farm Shop (CVFS) seeks an experienced manager to assume operational responsibility for the management of our 3,000 square foot aggregation and distribution facility for local farms and ranches. The Operations Manager will work collaboratively with a determined team of employees to conduct core services and drive the continued growth of the business. The Operations Manager will report to the General Manager.
Capay Valley Farm Shop is a dynamic rural food hub that supplies San Francisco Bay Area businesses with the highest quality items available including picked-to-order vegetables, fruits, herbs, and flowers, pastured meats and eggs, dried fruits and nuts, olive oil, grains, and honey. Established in 2007, we are a for-profit social enterprise that offers services to business and farm partners. We are located in Esparto, California. http://www.capayvalleyfarmshop.com/
Compensation and Benefits: ~ This is a full-time position with seasonal schedule fluctuations based on an average of 40 hours a week ~ Wage is based on qualifications, experience, and fit ~ 2 weeks vacation and paid sick time ~ Health care stipend ~ Technology stipend ~ Weekly produce share ~ Professional development opportunities
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities: ~ Facilitate aggregation and distribution to ensure every customer receives high-quality, source-identified product and courteous service that strengthens their business operations. ~ Manage and coordinate facility and fleet maintenance to sustain efficient productivity and a clean, safe work environment. ~ Supervise warehouse and delivery driver staff members while promoting a healthy, respectful, collaborative, adaptive workplace culture. ~ Maintain product handling expectations, food safety standards, and inventory best practices to ensure timely pick ups and receiving, excellent quality, and continuous improvement. ~ Work with the CVFS management team to integrate systems thinking to recognize opportunities and activities that bring benefit to the producers, buyers, and food hub.
Education & Experience:
Desired Qualifications: ~ A passion to learn and contribute to the success of the business coupled with an inclination to adapt and grow with the company and industry. ~ Ability to think, react, prioritize, take initiative, direct, and delegate in a fast-paced environment. ~ Capacity to model, train, and coordinate team members as well as to develop effective training materials. ~ Previous experience in warehouse work and with software platforms for shipping/receiving wholesale goods. ~ Experience operating a forklift and/or driving box trucks or other comparably-sized vehicles. ~ Experience in the produce industry, local agriculture, and/or distribution with practical knowledge of customer service, retail, and engaging with the public. ~ Familiarity with the geographical area of our farms (Yolo County) and/or customers (San Francisco Bay Area). ~ High school diploma or equivalent required, with post-secondary education preferred in the food industry, business, sustainable agriculture, or related field.
Requirements: ~ Understanding of the mission and goals of Capay Valley Farm Shop. ~ Availability to work a Sunday - Thursday work week. Early mornings and occasional evenings will be required with a mix of inflexible and more flexible days. ~ Physically fit and able to drive, bend, stand, walk, and pull/push for long periods of time and lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly. Able to work outdoors in heat and cold. ~ Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, own vehicle, and proof of valid auto insurance. ~ Understanding that urgent logistical issues require immediate calls and texts outside normal hours on delivery days. ~ Willingness to do other tasks as needed to support the team as requested by the General Manager.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a commitment to vibrant local food systems who is eager to work in a business to business distribution company — we look forward to receiving your application!
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references, preferably in a single PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered as they are received and until the position is filled. No phone calls, please. Anticipated start date: January 2019
Capay Valley Farm Shop is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment for all employees. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our organization. Capay Valley Farm Shop does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability status in employment or programming.
Now Hiring: Director of Operations Job Description
At Kitchen Table Consultants (KTC) our goal is simple – to help passionate farmers and food makers build lasting, profitable, locally-focused businesses. We accomplish this by working alongside our clients. No stuffy business plans that get thrown on the shelf, never to be looked at again. We have real-world experience and understand first-hand the challenges facing small businesses. Our work is results oriented that delivers actionable steps to make businesses and nonprofits stronger and more profitable. KTC works with clients across the country and incubates a family of small businesses. As we grow, we are seeking a tech and people savvy Director of Operations that will evaluate, plan, implement, and manage systems in order to create maximum efficiency and deliver the best possible results. We want a strategic thinker and a tenacious doer, a person of action that will proactively build scalable and repeatable systems and remove redundancies. You’ll be responsible for the management of the operations and administrative support we provide to our businesses and consultants. We’re looking for someone who will be a thought partner with our principals and will bring a hefty amount of experience and ability to the table. You need to have experience in an entrepreneurial environment and be a strong communicator. We’re looking for someone that will serve as a leader on our team and build strong relationships with our entrepreneurs and consultants in order to help them achieve their definition of success. Most importantly, we believe that making an impact is just as important as a profit. We want you to share that belief and have the following: Characteristics & Experiences
● You are most comfortable being both a doer and a director, and appreciate the challenge of hands-on role working with a small team.
● You need to be a systems thinker and problem solver that can take a broad view and boil it down to repeatable systems.
● You know the business life cycle of a professional services firm inside and out.
● You are comfortable and have experience reporting directly to two owners.
● You’re bold, direct, and can hold your own while being adaptable and committed to the good of the team. ● You have helped a business through a transformation and built automation into its systems.
● You have to have failed, pretty big, and you have to have learned from that failure and be able to share it.
● You’re a problem solver that can present the best possible solutions and create clear plans for implementation.
● You have experience in food and agriculture-related work or have a deep passion for creating thriving food systems.
● You’re self-motivated and like rolling your sleeves up and working hard - both at macro and micro level.
● You believe small businesses can change the world.
You have an MBA, advanced degree, or comparable work experience. You dream in spreadsheets and numbers, but are also experienced training and managing people.
Roles & Responsibilities
Business Development: Manage the process of driving new business, including prospecting, proposal development, opportunity sourcing, and finding and responding to RFPs. General and systematic support of principals and consultants in developing new business.
Manage Client Onboarding: Strategic and action-oriented management of client pipeline and project teams to drive billability and maximize team utilization rates. Manage project budgets, client onboarding, and post-project debriefs.
Systems Management: Assessment, strategic improvement, and daily management of all internal systems, processes, and technologies - including CRM system, project management software, marketing, and financial management systems. Maintain current process checklists, operation manual, and policy handbook.
Marketing and External Communication: Collaborate with the Ops team, consultants, and principles to develop and execute marketing strategies and plans. Streamline all external facing documents and systems. Develop methods to engage the consulting team in Marketing and Communications.
Project Management:Executionandoversightofseveralprojects simultaneously, management of general KTC operations, daily management of all KTC shared software, documents, and CRM system.
Financial Management: Manage bookkeeper, prepare and analyze quarterly financial documents, present quarterly financials to full team and facilitate an annual financial review and capital and budget planning process with principals.
Team Leadership: Lead operations team, meet weekly with all ops team members to help them effectively set priorities, deadlines and be accountable to objectives. Support individual professional development of all Ops team members.
IT Systems:Installationandconfigurationofappropriatesoftware,general teamwide training and IT support on all project management, data storage, billing, and communications systems.
Team:Assist with HR strategy, recruitment, selection, onboarding, and training of new operations and consulting team members. Lead weekly team meetings and organize annual retreats, trainings and team events.
Family of Businesses: EnsurequalityofadministrativesupportforKTC incubated businesses with insurance, registration, and financial controls.
Special Projects: Development and execution of special projects as requested by the principals
Skills & Abilities
● Systems: Evaluation, planning, automation, oversight, and elimination of redundancies.
● Marketing and Business Development: Strategy, planning, B2B sales, and client pipeline management
● People: You need to be patient while holding people accountable at the same time. You know that leadership takes on multiple forms. You’re so easy to work with people look forward to your calls and working through tasks they may otherwise avoid. You have a well-developed sense of humor, can admit when you are wrong, and laugh at yourself.
● Technology : Experience and comfort with multiple software platforms and CRMs, provide training, and the ability to develop and document easy-to-follow procedures.
● Writing: Talentandabilityforwrittencommunication-fromtechnical documents to persuasive narratives.
● Entrepreneurial: This is a remote position with minimal supervision or direct oversight. This position requires you to be self-driven, highly organized, detail oriented, and possess a broad range of professional experience, skills, and strengths.
● Highly entrepreneurial and driven
● Obsessed with creating more value than we cost
● Candid and frank, there is no such thing as office politics in our world
● A typical new business with bumps in the road, evolving systems, and stuff we have not figured out yet
● Experience matters; we have worked with over 250 clients since 2009 and everyone on our team has run a business
● Absolutely dedicated to helping other entrepreneurs be successful on their own terms
● Vision to create a national firm that serves as an entrepreneur’s collective for good food and farm industry disruptors around the country Compensation and Benefits This position is full time and will also have a significant bonus structure based on how KTC performs as a whole. We offer healthcare and dental coverage. In addition, we will give you paid time off in addition to holidays. As with any small business, there will be some nights, weekends, other times you wish-you-were-not-working-but-are. This is a remote position - we’ll provide you with a company owned laptop, some other snazzy equipment, and a monthly stipend to cover your phone and internet bills. There will be quarterly travel to meet with the principals in person in Pennsylvania (or wherever they might be), and other travel to support the team as needed. APPLY HERE Visit www.KitchenTableConsultants.com > Click Resources > Select Opportunities