Info about Flying V Farm: Flying V Farm is a worker-owned, certified organic farm in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada. We are four individuals who work to produce food in a way that nourishes our community, stewards the land and empowers workers. Through the success of our business, we strive to advance worker-ownership in agriculture in order to build a more socially and ecologically just rural economy. For more information visit: www.flyingvfarmca.com or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description: Flying V Farm is looking to hire a part-time farm hand to work 8hrs on Thursday, Friday and Saturday from May-October of 2019 to assist in the following roles:
● Harvesting produce from the field
● Packing produce in the packing station
● Organizing produce in the cooler
● 2x/week running a delivery of produce to the Tahoe Food Hub in Penryn, outside of Auburn
-Sales at Farmers Market/ Farm Stand:
● Set-up/break-down of attractive produce display
● management of produce sales
● Engage with customers and give information about Flying V Farm
-Miscellaneous farm work:
● Other miscellaneous farm tasks
The ideal candidate has experience in farming and/or demonstrates a strong interest in learning about organic production farming. This individual is reliable, responsive, motivated, and hopefully has a good sense of humor! We have a culture of communication and respect at Flying V and we hope to hire someone who shares similar values. In addition, all candidates must:
● Be able to lift 50lbs and work comfortably with their body. Farming is a very physically demanding job and often requires continuous lifting, squatting, bending and carrying in challenging weather conditions (heat and cold).
● Manage sales and monetary transactions.
● Valid drivers license. Experience driving a cargo van and manual car preferred but not required.
● Not required, but preferred--an interest in working cooperatively. We are a worker-owned and operated farm and we would like to hire employees with the hope that they will become candidates for membership/partnership at Flying V Farm.
● $11-$14 based on experience
● Workers compensation.
● Flying V Farm Membership consideration after one year of work.
Please e-mail a resume with two references in addition to a brief statement about your interest in agriculture and Flying V Farm to email@example.com.